SmartBreak is a revolutionary ergonomics program that reminds you to take breaks when working on a PC
for long hours. Unlike similar programs which remind you to take breaks at fixed
intervals, SmartBreak actually monitors the way you spend time on a PC and then prompts you to rest at the appropriate time.
This effectively means that you can spend more time in front of a PC with very efficient break time utilization.
Spending a great deal of time on a computer poses many health hazards. Two of the most common ones are
Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) and Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI). While the former causes eye strain,
deterioration of eyesight and dry eyes, the later causes neck, back and wrist pains. While there are many
conflicting theories as to how computers affect health, everyone agrees on one common fact that
taking frequent breaks when using computers is the ultimate solution to tackle this problem.
SmartBreak is the only RSI prevention program that not just reminds you to take breaks but can also enforce
users to take a break, which is especially useful for kids when combined with the child lock option.
- Intelligent breaks based on the amount of work you do
- Ability to lock the display and enforce breaks
- Play background music during breaks
- Micro pause feature to suggest micro breaks
- On screen stress bar to monitor your stress level
- Child-lock feature to ensure that kids can't disable SmartBreak
- Designed for Windows 8/7
- Works even when you are inside a virtual machine or on a remote desktop
Version: 1.5 | Release Date: 09/22/2013 | Size: 2.4 MB
Compatibility: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP; Windows Server 2008/2003
- Ability to skip upcoming break from the tray icon
- Stress level now resets when your laptop is put into standby mode
- Compact on screen stress meter and font changes
- Minor fixes for Windows 8
- Smaller memory footprint
- Cosmetic improvements in configuration window
- On screen display now doesn't appear in Alt-tab list
- Fixed background music playback
- More efficient algorithm to calculate stress level
- Other minor fixes